WARNING: This granola is dangerously addictive! I literally had to hide it from myself and hubby. From myself so I wouldn’t go overboard, from hubby so there would be some left for me later on, teehee!
What you Need:
- Coconut Flakes OR Tigernut Flakes – This recipe uses toasted coconut flakes but you can easily make it with tigernut flakes and it is equally delicious! I really enjoy the tigernut version as a cereal.
- Apple Chips – I use Martin’s apple chips which is a Canadian brand, I believe Bare Apple Chips are similar.
- Coconut Oil or Avocado Oil – Coconut oil is my first pick, but if you need to avoid all forms of coconut, avocado oil works as well!
- Maple Syrup – as a Canadian, my sweetener of choice!
- Arrowroot Starch – this helps to achieve granola clumps, which is the best part about granola in my opinion.
Eat by itself, on top of coconut yogurt, on top of smoothies, or as a cereal with either coconut milk or plain tigernut milk. YUM!
- 2 cups toasted coconut flakes OR tigernut flakes
- 1/2 cup apple chips, crushed
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- generous pinch salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted OR avocado oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- Combine coconut or tigernut flakes, apple chips, raisins, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, maple syrup and arrowroot until arrowroot dissolves.
- Pour oil mixture over dry ingredients, and toss until combined.
- Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 for 30 mins or until crispy and toasted.