Wouldn’t it be great if the chocolate eggs available at most stores leading up to Easter weren’t filled with corn syrup, but were filled with a natural healing ingredient instead? As a nutritionist student, I seriously dream about this day. I may not be able to buy this type of healing treat BUT I can make it quickly and simply at home, with only 3 ingredients! Woot Woot!
The star ingredient of this treat is manuka honey. Not going to lie, I am kind of in love with manuka honey. I had read a lot about the benefits prior to trying it, and I thought to myself, I bet it’s great but will I really notice that much of a difference between regular honey and manuka honey? The answer is YES, yes I did. I was coming down with a cold a couple weeks ago and had a terrible sore throat, but after having a spoonful of manuka honey, my sore throat would disappear for several hours at a time. Now I’ve tried other honeys on past sore throats and they definitely did not have the same effect. I mean, they were soothing, but did not completely wipe my sore throat away for hours, like the manuka honey did. Manuka honey contains strong anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which is why it worked so well. Also, it tastes amazing and I love that the texture and color remind me of caramel. Perfect for the inside of a fat bomb Easter “chocolate”, don’t you think?
- Mix coconut oil and carob powder.
- Fill silicone molds halfway with half of coconut oil carob mixture.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until solid.
- Add a small dollop of Manuka honey to the molds (Around 1/8 tsp to 1/4 tsp, depending on the size of the molds).
- Top with the remaining chocolate mixture until silicone mold is full.
- Refrigerate for another 20-30 minutes until solid.
- Pop fat bombs out of molds.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer to prevent melting.