Around ten years ago I had two wisdom teeth removed. I opted to only get two removed rather than all four, since it was possible I may have room in my mouth for the other two. Not the best decision I’ve ever made, because fast forward to today, I do NOT have room in my mouth. So May 1 they are being extracted.
I’m a little nervous for the procedure, mostly about how it will affect my LS and eczema. I recently had a dental cleaning, which resulted in a week long flare. My body was absolutely not happy. I gotta say I was feeling down about the whole thing. I even thought about quitting and eating a cheeseburger and fries. Thankfully, I snapped out of it when I realized that this is my first flare since starting the autoimmune proocol a year ago. First flare in an entire YEAR! People, this is HUGE! Pre AIP, flares were much more frequent and they lasted so much longer, used to drive me right out of my mind! But thanks to the autoimmune protocol, I feel like this flare was very well controlled and I was only a little bit out of my mind! It’s finally calming down now. Increasing my organ meat and fish intake, as well as upping my fish oil dose seemed to reduce the inflammation quite well. Needless to say, I’m glad to be feeling better, although a little apprehensive about the extractions. But one things for sure, these teeth have got to come out!
What better way to distract myself than thinking about food? I’m already making a list of AIP foods to prepare ahead of time. Bone broth and bone broth soup are a must. And I’m thinking gelatin “jello” and gelatin gummies will be a refreshing treat. Bonus, they will all aid in healing. These coconut lime raspberry gummies are on the list for sure!
Coconut Lime Raspberry Gummies (AIP/Paleo/Sugar Free)
- 1 young Thai coconut, meat and water
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup unflavoured gelatin
- Add coconut meat, coconut water, raspberries and lime juice to a high powered blender and purée until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan on medium to high heat. Once mixture is boiling, briefly whisk in gelatin, making sure there are no clumps.
- Pour mixture into a glass baking dish or a silicone mold and set in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to firm up!
- If you used a baking dish, cut into squares.
Please note: This post contains affiliate links.