You guys, I am almost done my Christmas shopping. Just one or two gifts to pick up tomorrow and I am DONE! But then starts the wrapping and the baking, and the eating…. oh I’m SO excited. I truly love Christmas.
BUT I can totally understand how this time of year can also be stressful. There’s just SO much to do and limited time to do it in. ALL the cooking and baking, especially if you eat real food! It’s unlikely you’re going to be able to conveniently pick up some compliant treats from the grocery store, so it’s nice to have a recipe that is festive AND simple to throw together.
Enter: coconut bark!
This Orange Matcha Holiday Bark not only brings together holiday flavours and holiday colours, but it also provides some holiday health benefits!
Orange —> Vitamin C
Coconut butter and coconut oil —> Healthy fats
Matcha –> Antioxidants and a boost of energy
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp matcha
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- Line a small baking sheet or glass dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add coconut butter, coconut oil, orange juice, matcha, honey, and vanilla to a small saucepan.
- Heat over low to medium heat, stirring continuously.
- As soon as ingredients are melted and combined remove from heat.
- Pour over parchment lined pan or dish. Spread evenly.
- Refrigerate 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with orange zest, dried cranberries, and toasted coconut flakes.
- Place in fridge again to set for at least one hour.
- Cut or break into pieces.
- Store in fridge.