Why I Love This Recipe
- Easy to make – throw ingredients in a blender, blend and roll into balls. No baking required!
- Includes healthy fat from the coconut oil, protein from the collagen, and resistant starch from the tigernut flour. All ingredients that will prevent blood sugar spikes! Note my fave collagen is from Further Food, if you’d like to try it make sure to use coupon code AIP10 for 10% off!
- No coconut fibre. Coconut is a great substitute but it can also cause digestive upset in some sensitive folks. I know for myself I can only handle so much coconut fiber. So I’m loving that the only coconut product this recipe contains is coconut oil, which is usually well tolerated even in those who don’t tolerate the fiber.
- Great for kids: These are great as school snacks since they are completely nut free. Note: my kids preferred them without the flaked sea salt.
- On the go snack: Make ahead, store in fridge and grab when you need a quick snack!
- 6 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/2 cup tigernut flour
- 1/2 cup collagen
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp mace
- sea salt flakes
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor. I used the vitamix.
- Process until texture is sandy.
- Scoop by the tablespoon and form into balls. *If its too sticky to handle, pace in fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Place balls on a parchment lined dish.
- Place flaked sea salt on top of balls.
- Refrigerate until firm. Approx 45-60 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator in glass container.