We live in Northern Ontario, so once fall hits, we know it won’t be long before winter begins and lasts, and lasts, and lasts. I DO enjoy the change of seasons though, and fall is one of my faves. I love that the weather cools off, but not too cool, and I do love me some pumpkin. But the weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately that it doesn’t even feel like fall yet, so I’ve been savouring these warm afternoons, these last bits of summer. So here I am in a sea of pumpkin recipes, holding onto the very last of summer, with these Strawberry Lemonade Gummies!
I was always the kid that chose the questionable wiggly blobs at the dessert bar of the buffet. I preferred jello, to a piece of pie, really, I did! So when I first went AIP, and discovered that “Jello” gummies, were actually healthy, even healing, if you use the right type of gelatin. Oh my word, hope was not all lost! Because you know when you first start AIP, it is hard to see past all the restrictions. Instead of the regular J-E-L-L-O, a major inflammatory food, with the colouring and loads of sugar, these gummies are great for your skin, hair, and nails. They are also gut healing, and of course, they are tasty little bites. Tasty little healing bites, which is pretty darn awesome!
- 2 cups whole strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1.5 cups coconut water
- Juice of 1.5 lemons
- 1/4 cup gelatin powder
- Place the strawberries, coconut water, and lemon juice in a saucepan on medium to high heat.
- Once it begins to boil, add mixture to a blender.
- Mix on low speed while adding the gelatin powder.
- Turn speed to high until pureed and gelatin is incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a glass baking dish or a silicone mold and set in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to firm up!
- If you used a baking dish, cut into squares.
Please note: This post contains affiliate links.
This recipe is shared on Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable.