This banana bread is the real deal! Not only is it moist and delicious, but it’s also completely AIP, paleo, gluten, dairy, and egg free!
The other day I had some extra ripe bananas and a hankering for banana bread. So of course, I had to a do a little experimenting! And not to toot my own horn or anything but seriously, it turned out AMAZING!
Now it didn’t take much for me to arrive at this recipe, since all I did was tweak my original raisin cake. I’ve made so many different variations of this cake now, in the form or pumpkin spice bread, fruit cake, zucchini bread, and now this deeelicious banana bread!!!
Why I love this banana bread!
Easy to make
It may seem like there’s a lot of ingredients but I promise, it is super simple to make!
All you need to do is whisk the dry ingredients, then mix the wet ingredients and then mix the two together! Ok maybe there’s a little bit of banana mashing but still easy 😉
The gelatin gets mixed in with the dry ingredients, no need to mess with gelatin eggs or any eggs for that matter!
Feels like baking
So I love baking, for some reason I find it calms me. And when I first started this AIP journey I was disappointed that baking wasn’t going to be a part of my life for awhile.
But you know, baking can happen on AIP. And this recipe is one that proves that. Making this banana bread will allow you to feel like you’re truly baking, even if it’s with different flours 🙂
Uses up ripe bananas
There’s always those last few bananas that get too ripe but aren’t too ripe to throw out, you know the ones you leave sitting on the counter forever not knowing what to do with them? Well this recipe is perfect for them, it uses three ripe bananas!
You may also like this recipe for banana muffins, which also uses up ripe bananas!
I love this banana bread just the way it is BUT you can easily shake things up a bit and throw in some add-ins!
- Carob chips
- Shredded coconut
- Dried cranberries
- Orange zest
Some other add-in ideas:
- Chocolate chips (enjoy life are my fave)
- Nuts – walnuts specifically would be great!
What to have it with
I love having a slice of this banana bread with a warm drink, roasted dandelion root tea is a fave! It would also be great with any one of these:
1 hour 20 minutes
1 hour 45 minutes
This banana bread is the real deal! Not only is it moist and delicious, but it's also completely AIP, paleo, gluten, dairy, and egg free!
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour/starch
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 med ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a 9x5x3 loaf pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl mash the bananas. Add in the remaining wet ingredients and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add batter to parchment-lined loaf pan. Spread the batter so it fills the loaf pan and the top is even.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 1h20 minutes or until a knife inserted into centre of loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Slice and enjoy!