It’s mid October and we’ve already had a snowfall. You know what this means, right? It’s official soup weather!
When I first made this soup, I was just throwing things in a pot and hoping it would work out and taste good, because for the most part, that is how I roll. Mom of three here! To my delight, it turned out delicious and I knew I needed to repeat and share with you all.
What I love about this recipe:
Simple: You only need four ingredients (six if you count salt and the optional bacon) and 30 minutes to create this creamy soup!
Large batch: This recipe makes a large batch. You will have plenty leftover to warm up throughout the week OR freeze for another time.
Comforting: I used to love when my Mom made cauliflower soup when I was a kid. Food memories always bring me comfort but it’s hard not to feel at ease with a big bowl of warm soup on a cool fall day, amirite?
Healing: bone broth and veggies, the good stuff our bodies need!
Yield: 12-16 servings
Creamy Cauliflower Leek Soup (AIP/Paleo/Whole 30)
- 1 med-large cauliflower, chopped (approx 8 cups)
- 1 cup leeks, sliced (bulb-only)
- 2 cups white sweet potato, chopped
- 7 cups bone broth, preferably chicken or turkey
- Cooked bacon for topping, optional
- Add the cauliflower, leeks, white sweet potato, and bone broth to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to low-med, cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add soup to blender and purée OR use an immersion blender to purée until smooth.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve topped with crispy chopped bacon.
Do you think this would work in the Instant Pot?
I haven’t tried it in the Instant Pot yet but I’m sure it would work. I would put less broth and cook it for less time, maybe ten minutes? Hope this helps!
I made this today and it’s amazing! I couldn’t find white sweet potatoes so I just used regular ones.
Yay! Thanks for trying Elizabeth, I’m so glad you enjoyed it! ????
I made this yesterday and it’s really good! I used probably about twice as many leeks since I had lots.
So glad you enjoyed! Can’t go wrong with leeks, yum!
I’m making this right now. I added 3 cloves of garlic
Yum! Hope you enjoyed it 🙂
Would parsnips work as a substitute for the white sweet potatoes? They’re a little hard to come by here. Thanks!
It won’t have the same texture but I’m sure it would still be tasty! Orange sweet potatoes will work just fine if you have access to them.