This Hawaiian Instant Pot Chicken is totally AIP compliant, Paleo, Whole30 and even Keto. It’s a super easy meal to throw together with the help of the Instant Pot!
It’s still winter here.
I am oh so craving warm sunny days. I love having a white Christmas, but once mid January hits, I am done with the snow and I start looking forward to summer. However, the snow doesn’t start melting until April around here, and those warm days I’m craving aren’t going to happen until about June.
Winter blues is real, and I seem to really be affected by it from January to March. Thankfully Vitamin D is available in drop form, which helps to boost mood. Another way I like to beat the winter blues is through food! We may not have tropical weather here BUT we do have tropical fruit available to us!
Each time we visit the grocery store, Scarlett asks for a pineapple. She thinks it looks awesome and I have to agree! Not only does the fruit’s exterior look amazing but cutting it open to reveal a beautiful bright yellow totally lifts my spirits. PLUS it reminds me of summer!
Did you know pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain?
Bromelain is anti-inflammatory and can be used to:
- ease digestion
- reduce swelling and bruising
- speed wound healing time
- help prevent and treat cardiovascular disease
- reduce sinusitis symptoms
- relieve sore joints and muscles
This Hawaiian shredded chicken is cooked entirely in the instant pot, which I love! It is one of my absolute fave kitchen appliances. Seriously, I’m not sure how I lived without it, it is SO convenient.
If you’re interested in more AIP Instant Pot meals, I highly recommend the Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook. It contains over 140 recipes that were written specifically for the Instant Pot by 37 of the best AIP bloggers, including yours truly! Find out more here!
Along with craving warm summer days, I’m also craving less time in the kitchen standing over the stove. I’ve been all about stocking the freezer lately which is another reason I’m loving this recipe. This dish is perfect for batch cooking since it is easy to throw together with only six ingredients, plus it freezes and reheats really well. For more AIP freezer cooking recipes, Freezer Cooking for the Paleo AIP is a fantastic resource.
- Add the chopped bacon to the instant pot and set to sauté.
- Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. You don’t want to overcook the bacon but you want it to start browning.
- Turn the Instant pot off, remove bacon and set aside.
- Drain the bacon fat from the instant pot.
- Add bone broth, coconut milk, salt, and 1/2 cup of the diced pineapple to blender and purée until smooth.
- Add the bacon, chicken breasts and remaining diced pineapple to the instant pot.
- Pour the broth/pineapple mixture over the chicken.
- Set for 20 mins on manual high pressure.
- Once time is up release pressure valve.
- Remove the chicken breasts and place on cutting board.
- Shred chicken with two forks, and place back into the instant pot.
- Mix the shredded chicken in with the broth/pineapple mixture.
I love serving this dish alongside some cauli rice, avocado slices, and arugula.