This Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower is a quick and simple side dish that is reminiscent of mashed potatoes but is Paleo, AIP, Whole30 and Keto.
Cauliflower is quite the incredible vegetable!
It’s a cruciferous vegetable and a nutrient powerhouse – high in antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C! In other words, it is super healthy for you – supporting the liver and immune system, to name a few of its many benefits.
AND it is extremely versatile! There’s been pretty much everything made out of cauliflower in recent years, am I right?
And with good reason! It really can take on many different flavours and textures depending on how it’ s prepared.
In this post I wrote for the Paleo Mom, I list 10 ways to use it on AIP!
What I like about this recipe
Literally only three ingredients (cauliflower, olive oil, and gelatin) – well four if you include water! And NO chopping, can it get any easier?
Thanks to the Instant Pot, this recipe is ready in no time – literally only 3 minutes to cook in the Instant pot!
And if you’re into cooking with the Instant Pot and are looking for more AIP instant pot recipes, you need to check out the Paleo AIP instant Pot Cookbook! SO many great real food recipes!
Great side dish
This instant pot mashed cauliflower seriously makes such a great side dish, especially when you’re following Paleo, AIP, Low Carb, Keto, or are on a Whole 30.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- Salt to taste
- Add trivet or steamer basket, cauliflower, and water to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and make sure valve is set to sealing.
- Set to steaming OR set to manual high pressure for three minutes.
- Once done, use the quick release function to release the pressure.
- Carefully transfer the cauliflower to a blender or food processor (I use my Vitamix).
- Add the olive oil and gelatin and blend/process just until smooth OR until desired consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and top with herbs, green onion, and/or olive oil!