These Korean beef bowls are packed full of flavor and so quick to make. They’re also paleo, whole30, and can be easily made completely AIP.
There are so many things I love about this dish!
Easy to make
This is a very simple meal and literally takes 20 minutes, start to finish, to make! Such an easy process.
You’re going to start by browning the ground beef, making sure to break it apart as it cooks. While the ground beef is cooking, mix the sauce ingredients together.
Once the ground beef is browned or almost browned, add the carrots (I use pre-packaged matchstick carrots to make my life simpler), then pour the sauce over the beef. Allow that to simmer for a minute or two while you mix the orange juice and arrowroot starch, pour that in and sauté for a minute until the sauce thickens. Top it with green onion and that’s it! Easy peasy!
This dish is made with ground beef making it budget friendly.
I am always looking for ways to reduce our grocery bill. As you know, eating healthy is not easy on the wallet, especially if you’re following an allergen free diet.
SO making meals with ground meat is a common occurrence in this house.
Healthy and Delicious!
These Korean beef bowls are a healthy and delicious dish! It’s made from real, whole food and is free from gluten, dairy, soy, and refined sugar!
Gosh, I LOVE a meal that checks off all the allergen free categories and still tastes great! This is definitely a meal that the whole family will love.
If your fam does not follow a strict paleo diet, make some white rice to go with it. OR if you want to keep it grain free, serve with cauliflower rice. I also like pairing it with steamed broccoli because it goes oh so well together!
These Korean beef bowls are packed full of flavour and so quick to make. They're also paleo, whole30, and can be easily made completely AIP.
- Mix together coconut aminos, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil (omit for AIP). Set aside.
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks.
- Add carrots and stir in sauce mixture until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through and carrots are softened slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, quickly whisk the orange juice and tapioca starch until combined. Pour over ground beef and cook 1 min or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions.