Well we’re near the end of the peach season BUT I just had to sneak in one more recipe!
These peaches and cream plantain cookies were adapted from my plantain apple cookies. It really
is a simple healthy recipe, so I thought it would be great to post some more versions of it.
I added collagen to this version, because not only does it add some protein but it is also great for gut healing, and keeps my skin, hair and nails healthy. My fave collagen is by further food (use code AIP10 for 10% off).
I also added coconut butter icing to these for some extra healthy fats and as the ‘cream’ part of peaches and cream. You could skip this and just enjoy peach plantain cookies, if you prefer. I personally love the cookies with the coconut butter icing. My girls liked them better without. However, they sure gobbled both versions up pretty quickly!
Peaches and Cream Plantain Cookies (AIP/Paleo)
- 2 ripe plantains mashed, approx 2 cups
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup collagen (use code AIP10 for 10% off)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup chopped peaches
Coconut Butter Icing
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all ingredients together, adding the peaches in last.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until edges turn slightly brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Mix together all coconut butter icing ingredients. *if coconut butter is too hard to work with, soften by warming in the microwave 10 seconds at a time.
- Spread icing onto cookies,
I don’t have collagen, is there something I could use as a substitute?
You can try omitting it and adding a bit more arrowroot starch!
It worked, thank you!!!
Would one be able to skip the mashed plantain and use plantain flour? (Looking for a shortcut…)
You know I’ve never worked with plantain flour before so I can’t say for sure. If you give it a try, let me know if it works!