Well we’re near the end of the peach season BUT I just had to sneak in one more recipe!
is a simple healthy recipe, so I thought it would be great to post some more versions of it.
I added collagen
to this version, because not only does it add some protein but it is also great for gut healing, and keeps my skin, hair and nails healthy. My fave collagen is by further food
(use code AIP10
for 10% off).
I also added coconut butter icing to these for some extra healthy fats and as the ‘cream’ part of peaches and cream. You could skip this and just enjoy peach plantain cookies, if you prefer. I personally love the cookies with the coconut butter icing. My girls liked them better without. However, they sure gobbled both versions up pretty quickly!
Coconut Butter Icing
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all ingredients together, adding the peaches in last.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until edges turn slightly brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Mix together all coconut butter icing ingredients. *if coconut butter is too hard to work with, soften by warming in the microwave 10 seconds at a time.
- Spread icing onto cookies,