I’ve always LOVED to bake. Creating healthy treats has always been my thing, I remember in high school, I made multiple attempts at creating ‘healthy’ baked goods, especially granola bars, I was kind of obsessed with granola bars. I never did create the ultimate healthy bar. If only I knew then what I know now! I should really work on an AIP granola bar, shouldn’t I?
But I digress.
Giving up all grains, I was ready for the healing benefits, but I was pretty devastated knowing that I probably wouldn’t be baking much, if at all. But thanks to some pretty awesome real food products out there, I don’t have to sacrifice my healing in order to bake again!
Baking has always given me excitement and relaxation at the same time. I’m excited for the end result but while whisking and mixing, I just feel so relaxed and at home. It is true though, I don’t bake as much as I used to, but every once in awhile, I break out my beloved kithen-aid mixer and feel ‘normal’ again. I can bake my cake AND eat it too!
This raisin cake is a hit! My daughter begs me to make it. It is amazing warm out of the oven topped with either coconut oil or cultured ghee, if tolerated. It’s also great cold or reheated the next day.
1 hour 20 minutes
1 hour 40 minutes
- Preheat oven the 325 degrees F
- Line a 9x5x3 loaf pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Whisk together the cassava flour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until combined, set aside.
- Make the gelatin eggs. In a small bowl add 1/4 cup of warm water. Gradually sprinkle in 2 tbsp of gelatin while whisking quickly until gelatin is dissolved and the mixture is frothy.
- Gradually pour in the gelatin eggs while mixing the cake mixture. Beat for 1 minute.
- Mix in the raisins.
- Add batter to parchment-lined loaf pan. Spread the batter so it fills the loaf pan and the top is even.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 1h20 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Slice and enjoy!