Want to know my fave kind of meals lately?
Anything QUICK and EASY!
I’ve been SO busy lately with work, school, fixing up our house, and of course our three kiddos. I really haven’t had much time for anything else these past few months (as you can probably tell by my lack of blog posts). With all this going on, supper has not been something I want to take much time planning and cooking.
When supper time hits each day, I NEED something that is simple and quick to prepare but also healthy and tasty (oh and not too expensive). I know, it seems like too much to ask….. BUT it’s possible people!
I’m really PUMPED about this new community cookbook – 30 Minute Meals for the Paleo AIP!
- It includes 120 Complete meals, 300+ recipes!
- 100% AIP compliant
- Family Friendly
- Delicious and EASY!
- “Basic” Ingredients
- PDF Format
I’m sharing my recipe for Roasted Turmeric Shrimp with Brussel Sprout Cilantro Salad today with you all, but it is also included in the ebook, along with two other recipes I contributed: Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops with Zoodles and Chicken Caesar Spaghetti Squash.
The e-book is FILLED with simple creative recipes from 41 very talented bloggers. I feel so honoured to be apart of it.
Now on to the recipe!
Why I love this recipe:
- Quick to Prepare
This recipe only takes 18 minutes from start to finish!
- Not your Typical Salad
With sliced Brussel sprouts, cilantro, and green onion, this salad is refreshing and full of flavor!
- Anti inflammatory and Nutrient Dense
In this salad, the shrimp provide omega 3 fats; Brussel sprouts are a cruciferous vegetable, which are fantastic for liver and immune support; and turmeric is a powerful anti inflammatory. I just LOVE it when a meal provides so many health benefits!
- 1lb shrimp
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 green onions
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp honey *Omit for Whole30 and Keto
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together, avocado oil, turmeric powder, ginger powder, and salt. Press garlic cloves through a garlic press and mix into turmeric mixture. Add shrimp and toss.
- Spread shrimp out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- While shrimp is cooking, juice lemon into a small bowl. Add remaining dressing ingredients, whisk and set aside.
- Thinly slice Brussel sprouts and add to a large salad bowl.
- Chop cilantro and green onions and add to salad bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Serve salad topped with roasted turmeric shrimp.