Why are fries so darn good?
To me it doesn’t matter which vegetable it is, if it’s in the shape of a fry it makes it taste so much better. Same goes with the noodle shape. What’s that about? It must have to do with the fact that it’s just more fun.
This dish is inspired by a dish I once had at a pub. Do you have food memories that just stay with you? I only visited this pub and ordered this dish once in my life and yet years later I still think about it. It was just such a good combo: sweet potatoes, mayo, and curry – YUM!
You don’t have to worry about nightshades, gluten, or unhealthy hydrogenated oils in this ‘pub’ recipe though, it is completely AIP compliant!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- coconut oil for frying
- Fill a deep skillet with an inch and a half of coconut oil or lard and preheat over medium heat.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch sticks/fries. .
- Place sweet potato sticks into preheated oil, be careful! Make sure not to overcrowd, depending on the size of your deep skillet, you may have to do several batches.
- Cook until fries are lightly browned.
- Remove fries with a slotted spoon and place into a mixing bowl lined with paper towel. *Save oil for future frying.
- Sprinkle salt over fries and toss. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all curry mayo ingredients together.
- Serve fries with a side a curry mayo and enjoy dipping 🙂