This zucchini bread is moist and delicious. It’s also gluten free, dairy free, grain free, paleo, and completely AIP compliant.
I’m on a roll with the zucchini recipes this week. I loved my baked “parmesan” zucchini so much I decided to make another zucchini recipe.
One main difference I made in the zucchini bread was using tigernut flour in place of cassava flour! But if you prefer to use cassava flour instead of tigernut flour, it should work.
I’ve used several tigernut flours. Lately I’ve been using and preferring Ecoideas tigernut flour, which is a Canadian brand. But I’ve also used and recommend Organic Gemini. Both work well! But like I mentioned above, if you prefer to use cassava flour in place of tigernut flour, it should work fine!
Make sure you are using unsweetened applesauce!
No need to make a gelatin egg with water. In this recipe, you just need to add the gelatin with the dry ingredients! My go-to gelatin is Great Lakes Gelatin.
Use fresh zucchini and simply grate on a typical cheese grater!
You can also add some optional ingredients – if you tolerate nuts, walnuts would be a great addition. Ok with chocolate? Enjoy life chocolate chips would taste great. Or keep it strict AIP, and add some raisins – totally up to you!
Is it freezer friendly?
Yes! You can freeze it whole, wrapped in plastic wrap or freezer paper. Then thaw on the counter when you’re ready to eat!
OR slice it up and wrap the slices in plastic wrap or freezer paper and place in a large ziplock bag before placing it in the freezer. Then when you’re ready to enjoy a slice, either thaw on the counter or warm it in the microwave!
More recipes like this one
1 hour 20 minutes
- Preheat oven the 325 degrees F
- Line a 9x5x3 loaf pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Whisk together the tigernut flour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch, gelatin, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and applesauce.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until combined, set aside.
- Mix in the grated zucchini.
- Add batter to parchment-lined loaf pan. Spread the batter so it fills the loaf pan and the top is even.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool.
- Slice and enjoy!