These tigernut butter stuffed dates are a simple to make treat that can easily be customized with fun toppings. They’re also AIP, paleo, gluten, dairy and nut free!
I love an easy fun treats and stuffed dates are just that!
Now you can stuff dates with all kinds of spreads, such as peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, or even sunflower seed butter. But if you need keep it AIP or nut-free your best bet is to stick with either coconut butter or tigernut butter!
And since I’m huge fan of tigernut, I chose the latter. I have quite a few tigernut recipes on here, including two different versions of tigernut butter!
How to make these Tigernut Butter Stuffed Dates
These are extremely easy to make! All you gotta do is make the tigernut butter, which is really just blending the ingredients together. Now if you want to make it even simpler, you could just buy the tigernut butter.
Then you make a slit into the date and remove the pit and place a scoop of tigernut butter into the date and top it with your garnish of choice!
Can it get any easier?
You could just eat these plain with no toppings, but I like the idea of bringing some colour and more flavour with toppings!
Some topping ideas include:
- pomegranate arils
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- chocolate chips (enjoy life are my fave) OR carob chips for strict AIP.
- carob powder
- flaked sea salt (SO good, I tried this one after I took the photos but it may be my fave!)
- drizzle honey
- orange rind
The options are endless!
- tigernut butter
- medjool dates
- toppings of choice
- Make a slit in one side of the date, making sure not to cut through the whole date. Pull open to expose the pit and remove.
- Place a scoop of tigernut butter in the date.
- Place toppings of choices on top.