This carob fudge is a no-bake treat option that is AIP compliant (free of gluten, grains, dairy, nuts, and seeds) AND only requires four ingredients! Definitely will satisfy those chocolate cravings that are bound to happen when giving up cocoa on AIP.
The other day on my Instagram stories I asked if anyone would be interested in this carob fudge recipe and I had way more “YES” replies than expected!
So, I set out on photographing these tasty lil’ fudge bites for you wonderful people!
Let me tell you, it was not easy making these look appetizing. They just kept looking like little, well, um, droppings – not exactly what I was going for.
BUT I think I managed to get a few shots that actually do them justice. They really are an awesome snack treat.
In fact, even my girls couldn’t get enough of them! I like taking a few pieces to work for an afternoon pick me up!
What you need:
These are naturally sweetened with dates. Dates are one of those foods I always seem to have on hand.
If you’re following the autoimmune protocol (AIP), you know chocolate is off limits in the elimination stage. Enter carob!
Carob is the ultimate chocolate substitute being naturally sweet without the caffeine! It is also rich in soluble fiber and contains anti-oxidants.
Truth be told, I actually prefer carob to cocoa now.
Another staple in my home. I gotta have my coconut oil!
For this recipe it adds a healthy fat, among other healing properties, helping to stabilize blood sugars!
Huge fan of collagen here! It is within us all, in our connective tissues, muscles, cartilage, skin, nails, and hair. Everyone needs collagen – otherwise, we would be falling apart – literally!
I love adding collagen to treat recipes, because it doesn’t change the flavor and because it adds that healing factor!
Plus, who doesn’t want a treat that also helps with healing?
1 hour 5 minutes
- Remove pits from dates. Add dates to small bowl and cover with warm water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to soften.
- Drain dates and add to a high powered blender or food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Remove fudge from blender and place on a piece of parchment paper. Place another parchment paper on top and press until 1/2 inch thick. (Or shape it however you want!)
- Wrap in parchment paper and place in fridge for at least 1 hour to chill and set.
- Cut into squares.
Store in fridge!