I sent hubby to the store for a few beets and he came home with two five pound bags of beets! While thinking of beet recipes, I decided a dill beet salad would be a good way to use them up, because who doesn’t like salads and who doesn’t like dill?
I’ve always loved beets, but was always intimidated by their messiness. I used to cook what was easy to throw together and created the least mess. Don’t get me wrong, some days I still do this, because let’s be real, I’m a Mom of three kids! But I shied away from anything that was too different, complicated, or messy. Making the switch to AIP has forced me to be fearless in the kitchen (hello offal) and experiment. I’ve also learned with practice, comes efficiency. Those two big bags of beets had nothing on me. I managed to get through them with minimal mess AND a pretty tasty beet salad recipe!
This dish tastes great right away but even better if it marinates overnight. It would be a great side dish to make ahead and include in Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner!
- 6-8 medium sized beets
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp Red Boat fish sauce
- Place beets in a saucepan and fill with water to cover. Bring to a boil for about 20-30 minutes till beets are tender when poked with a fork. Drain and let cool.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Once beets are cool, remove peel and chop (should make approximately 4 cups chopped).
- Combine chopped beets, dressing, and dill,
- Serve immediately or let marinate for 24-48hours.
Please note: This post contains affiliate links.