Oh heyyy, just over here dreaming of backyard barbecues while we are still knee deep in snow! We just got another 15cm and I’m beginning to wonder if it will ever end.
I know potato salad is typically a summer dish but summer seems waayyy too far away. So I’m not waiting to share this Sweet Potato Salad with you all.
What I love about AIP by Season:
It includes 101 recipes to help you eat seasonally with the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol.
- In this collection, you’ll find a wide variety of delicious cuisines and categories including snacks & drinks, sides & tapas, soups, main dishes, sauces & dips, and of course some treats for the occasional sweet tooth!
It is designed to not only help you with a variety of delicious recipes that are AIP-friendly, but also as a guide to eating with the seasons.
- The chapters contain nutrient-dense recipes which each have a featured ingredient specific to Spring, Summer, Autumn, or Winter.
Each recipe in this eBook is 100% compliant with the elimination stage of the Autoimmune Protocol.
- ZERO eggs, dairy, grains, seeds, legumes, nightshade, nuts, cane sugar, gums, or preservatives.
There’s more than just recipes!
- It also includes a Seasonal AIP Produce chart, an Eating Seasonally chapter, an Extending the Season guide on ferments, a Coconut-Free Substitutions guide, a Tips, Tricks & Terminology guide, a Resources page, and access to a private Facebook community!
You’ll find a several of my recipes in the book including this Sweet Potato Salad and a Warm Gingered Date Smoothie!
Warm Gingered Date Smoothie exclusive to AIP by Season eBook
Enter the Contest!
We’re celebrating the launch with a HUGE $600+ value giveaway. Plenty of prizes to go around for both US & international winners. Just head over to the AIP by Season sales page and scroll to the bottom to enter!
Make the most of the changing seasons and your trips to your local market with AIP by Season. You can purchase it here for just $18.50 USD!
Now on to the recipe!
1 hour 30 minutes
Perfect for barbecue season, this sweet
potato salad is sure to hit the spot!
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-5 medium white sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Mix all Dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar.
- Bring 2 inches of water to boil in medium-large pot fitted with steamer basket attachment. Add sweet potato and steam 15 to 20 minutes until tender when tested with fork.
- Place sweet potatoes in large bowl and cool completely.
- Add celery and onions to sweet potatoes, then top with bacon.
- Pour Dressing over and toss to coat. Chill before serving.