Matcha, the tea everyone is talking about! Without a doubt, matcha is becoming increasingly popular, especially in the health and wellness industry.
So what’s so great about this green tea powder?
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Calming – yes it can reduce stress!
- Boosts energy levels
- Enhances metabolism – may even help you lose weight!
I drink matcha quite often and although I cannot directly link it to any weight loss, I can certainly attest to the energy boost and the feeling of calm. On the days I do have matcha, my energy levels are higher and more consistent. When I used to drink coffee, my energy levels were all over the place! The afternoon crash was inevitable – but not with matcha!
I thought it would be fun to make a St Paddy’s Day treat and what better natural green coloring is there other than matcha? These little shamrock cookies are easy to throw together. I love eating them cold with coconut butter in between, which makes a healthy snack – low sugar, healthy fats, and energy boosting matcha!
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp collagen
- 1/2 tsp matcha
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix until combined.
- You can either roll the dough in between two pieces of parchment paper but I find it much easier to take about two tablespoons of dough at a time, place on a parchment lined baking pan, then flatten with palm of hand until it is about 1/4 inch thick, cut out cookie with a mini shamrock cookie cutter (approx 1.5 inches in size, I used one from pampered chef but this one is available on amazon) and continue until all dough is used. OR if you prefer to not use a cookie cutter drop dough by tbsp and flatten with fork.
- Bake at 350 on parchment lined baking pan for 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely. * important since they will crumble right out of the oven.
- Optional: make cookie sandwiches with softened coconut butter.
- Store in refrigerator.