Before I started AIP, I had known about the healing benefits of bone broth, but I was reluctant to make it and drink it. Just the name kind of grossed me out, I felt it had an ick factor. BUT once I tried it, I discovered there was nothing icky about it. In fact, I was and still am astonished at just how flavourful a cup of bone broth can be. I mean, something that is made from bones, water, and a few veggies, is amazingly tasty and to top it off, absolutely nourishing!
Bone broth has some pretty amazing benefits:
- Heals the gut lining.
- Rich in minerals, keeping our bones strong.
- Supports our immune systems.
- Helps reduce cellulite. (Say what?)
Now although a simple cup of bone broth is all I need most days, there are times I want to jazz it up a bit! Enter: bone broth lattes OR bulletproof bone broth. However you want to call it, it changes up the typical bone broth and even adds some more healing foods. This one includes anti-inflammatory turmeric, lemon, and healthy fats from the coconut oil!
- Warm the bone broth in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth and frothy,